How to remove 'blue' outdoor plugs

We have inherited one of these in the garden, connecting up to the water feature pump.

I want to remove it (from the socket), and I can't. Is there a trick to getting it off or is it just pull as hard as possible?

(I have managed to take it apart and take the cable out so now I just have the plug stuck in the socket).

TIA

tim

Reply to
tim

In article , tim writes

The socket sometimes has a spring flap which "locks" the plug in. Otherwise brute force and ignorance is needed!

Reply to
John

twist then pull?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The lid of the socket latches onto the plug, so this must be lifted first. And then a damn good tug. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If the socket has a built in isolator, the plug may be interlocked so that it can only be removed if the isolator is in the off position. Also, if there is a button to the right of the plug, push it and the plug should rotate anticlockwise (about 15deg) which then allows it to be removed.

HTH

Trev.

Reply to
TW

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "tim" saying something like:

If there's a locking collar (usually white/grey), twist it to the left and pull the main body out as normal.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon