How to lift plasterboard?

David in Normandy says...

Thanks for the replies everyone. I like the idea of the fingers clamped to a joist. As I have access to the top of the joists too then I'll adapt this slightly and use two strips of timber, one just slightly thicker than the plasterboard and G clamp them to the end joist so the plasterboard can simply be slotted into the gap. I'll make and use a "dead-man" to hold the other end in place while screwing the sheet into place.
Excellent! Thanks again folks.
--
David in Normandy

Check out the Boardmate at www.boardmate.com or on ebay
Watch the video, it looks good.
dg
On 1 Feb,

It must be easier these days screwing the boards up (with power assistance). The last time I used nails, and my props were a 3' piece of floorboard nailed to the end of a 2x2, barely (by a few mm) long enough to reach floor to joists, but enough to wedge the boards into position.
--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply