How to get rid of smell of vomit from car upholstery?

Don't ask how.

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat? Tried wiping down several times with disinfectant and letting it dry thoroughly but it's still there.

It's a faux-leather material, not a cloth fabric.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Bi carb of soda would be the usual answer. But on that fabric? Small test at the side of the seat?

Based on two experiences of vomit in my car:-). Don't ask how.

Reply to
ARW

vax machine first, then febreze

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Probably need to be proffesionally valeted

Reply to
steve robinson

My late dad used to swear by Lemon juice, maybe that just masked the smell though!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It has a bleaching effect Brian, so I'm a bit reluctant to use it. Thanks for the suggestion though

En el artículo , Brian Gaff escribió:

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Or just get the correct bottle of chemical from your local janitorial supplier. Pets are also known to vomit and similar products will be available at pet shops or vets(possibly with a price premium)

Reply to
alan

Try that enzyme cleaner stuff from pet shops, it's for pet "mishaps" but in my experience it consumes the source of the smell. When you put it on any kind of "bodily fluid" (in my case, cat piss) you can see it fizzing away and it gets rid.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

  • with the usual warnings about checking it won't wreck your fabric. I used it on carpet and it got rid of the issue without staining or any other damage.
Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Pet accident cleaner.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Have a word with your local taxi/hire firm. Its probably something they are familiar with.

David

Reply to
David P