How to get bath water to the garden?

Oh, bloody hell, you've just reminded me. Do you recall the row of three or four cottages opposite it? How anyone could live there, I don't know.

Reply to
grimly4

Why stop with the bath. Divert the entire waste to the garden and get it fertilised as well as watered.

Reply to
fred

"Chris" wrote

I've seen the waste from a bath diverted to a water butt. Then overflow from the butt to a drain. If you arrange a by-pass for the water butt in winter that would complete the design. I suspect it will depend how much soap etc is used as to whether the plant life will welcome this nourishment.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

During the 1976 drought, at a different house, the bath waste discharged into an external hopper. With the aid of a piece of old motorcycle inner tube and some tywraps, I was able to couple this to a hosepipe, which was then routed to my runner beans, or other veg, as required.

There are times when old fashioned plumbing has its advantages.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Who says he isn't? Over shower bath with the plug in can collect a surprising amount of water.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I calculated my wife on a big luxurious shower lasting ten minutes at full mains pressure uses more hot water than a bath does.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher