How to dissasemble a Double Pole Switch

Hi All,

Is not so much disassemble the switch, as remove it from the back box.

I have uploaded a picture to the DIY Wiki,

And hope posting it?s file name here allows the more tech savvy of You to take a gander.

F9EE9DB3-9C31-44FD-8008-3B93B74E8D52.jpeg

I presume it?s something to do with the small slot / hole underneat h (Ooo-err missus!).

But I don?t want to go poking blindly and break something.

TIA

Chris

Reply to
cpvh

With the similar-looking MK ones the actual moving switch operating button has unobtrusive screwdriver slots on its sides by which it can be levered forwards off clips, revealing the fixing screws.

An alternative which I have seen with metal front plates is that the whole plate unclips when you lever it forward via the screwdriver slot at the bottom visible in your photograph.

The whole URL BTW is:

Roger Hayter

I'd try as wide a flat-blade screwdriver as possible in the slot, and gently twist ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

The face plate is in two sections on those. The first layer screws on in the normal way, and then the outer decorate layer clips over. Prise it off using the screwdriver slot in the side.

Reply to
John Rumm