How to accurately weigh a cat...OT ish

Well the reason I like this group, is that it is frequented by practical people seeking real information, and mostly not by people who have no practical or creative skills, no experience of life, just huge opinions, mostly of themselves.

DIY pet disposal and DIY death disposal is on topic I reckon.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

OK, so we poison the cat whilst its inside a plastic bag.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Make the bag airtight and save on the cost of the poison.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Bloody Schrödinger is never around when you need him...

Reply to
Peter Twydell

In message , Peter Twydell writes

Ahh, but you realise that if you manage to place both cats in Schrodinger's box you get the best of all worlds, the cats occupy all possible quantum states, you get no hassle from the RSPCA or the cats protection league as they can't prove you killed the cat without setting the cat's alive/dead state themselves by opening the box. Heisenburg would also have a hand in it, the mere act of measuring the alive/dead state of the cat could well be enough to actually shift it from one state to the other... If you bring in philosophy, Sartre perhaps, we find that the cat doesn't necessarily exist at all, thereby creating the ideal cat measuring device, the cat (s) are both alive and dead and may or may not exist, logically following the argument through gives us a situation where, given enough weighings of the box we get a statistical spread which should show an even distribution over four possible values, to whit;

  1. No cats.
  2. Cat A
  3. Cat B
  4. Cat A and B

It then becomes a simple matter to open the box when it is in state 2 or

3 and observe which cat is in existence at that point in time. Ideal state of course, is state 1, where no cats exist in the space time continuum but this is, I admit, a personal preference.

Getting the bloody animals into the box in the first place is left as an exercise for the reader, which, I think, is where we came in.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Any attempt to kill the cat and then weigh it in its dead state would, of course, be inaccurate, as the mass of the soul would not be counted...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Nooo! Then we're back to how to get the cat *into* the bag while still alive...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Go on then, poison it.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'm not sure that animals are supposed to have souls.

Besides, this experiment has already been done;

Huge

Reply to
Andy Hall

Can non-existent things have a season?