How should I dispose of a fluorescent tube?

Duh! yup, fair cop ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

oh FFS not again...

time I had a holiday ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Yes. But only on a one-for-one basis. If you buy two new pumps, for example, they should take back two for recycling (unless they have made some alternative provision, as someone else mentioned).

Even the little Lidl (not much bigger than a corner shop) in the local shopping centre has a notice in its window saying it will recycle on a one-for-one basis.

Obviously, if you've collected a shed load of stuff, you can't dump it all on the nearest unsuspecting retailer!

Reply to
Terry Casey

They can ask, I suppose, but they can't demand - you can, though!

If they try to evade their responsibility, they are breaking the law - get Trading Standards (or whatever they call themselves these days) on the case.

Reply to
Terry Casey

That's probably what Karol Sikora and colleagues are often saying.

MM

Reply to
MM

eh? whilst defending GPs with dubious euthanastic approaches?

(do try to put it in context dear ;>))

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I don't remember the exact ins and outs of it now but they were virtually being bullied by the bloke in charge of such things. I tried to intervene on their behalf but he wouldn't discuss it with me at all. They paid up because it was implied that if they lost after going to court they would have to pay costs and they didn't want to risk it.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

He did. See above. Plus boy was working all hours and the council bloke was wasting time by being unavailable on his days off.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Heh, excellent!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

why not just put it out when you put out your rubbish & recycling stuff ... and see what council do with it.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

take it up to the next NUT rally^H^H^H^Hriot in London.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
0:33:13 +0100, "
"

One would assume the OP has sorted it out in the 6 months since he asked.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q