How negligent can you get?

like for like repairs are exempt

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Is this a straw man argument?

Reply to
Paul Herber

Even basic common sense would have said naked flame and thatched roof needs a working hose and water on the roof.

Reply to
alan_m

alan_m formulated on Saturday :

+1
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

There's a house a couple of villages along from us called Phoenix House.

Apparently the householder was having a bonfire to get rid of rubbish as he'd sold it and was about to move out. A spark got onto the thatch.

I never heard the end of the story, but I know our insurers forbid bonfires within 100m of the house, and our garden isn't that big.

I don't know whether the house is a replacement or a new one on the site.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

If you can't forbid bonfires within 100m of your house, how cme they insure you (assuming you are thatched).

Reply to
Tim Streater