How much should a bathroom refit cost?

I had a quote 20 years ago to refit my small kitchen: £7500, not including flooring or tiling. Looking at the plan more closely, it didn't include a cooker either!

At the time I probably only had £50' worth of utensils to store in the cupboards. In the end I fitted my own units for about £300.

Reply to
BartC

The Ideal Standard steel baths are fine (used to specify them for hotel use) but I am not at all keen on their (or anybody else's) standard acrylic. Hence my choice of Eastbrook/Carron Carronite -

180/200 ukp more than standard acrylic but the next best thing to cast iron. Jewson usually have one on display for you to jump in (and kick the bath panels).

-- rbel

Reply to
rbel

Exactly, acrylic unavoidably scratches, just from general use and cleaning etc. and gets gradually dulled over the years.

Yeah sure you can chip and enamelled bath, but it's mcuh harder, you have to actually drop something hard enough into it to chip it for starters, and mostly people don't have things like that around their bath. And chips can be quite nicely repaired nowadays.

Reply to
chris French

I'm just having a shower room done: gut the room; add 2nd door cut into wal= l; install shower tray, shower, shower screen, lights, extractor fan, radia= tor; tiles on all the walls and floor; paint woodwork and ceiling; dispose = of all the waste.

This is in Surrey.

Cost =A31440 + parts.

Matt

Reply to
matthelliwell

I'm just having a shower room done: gut the room; add 2nd door cut into wall; install shower tray, shower, shower screen, lights, extractor fan, radiator; tiles on all the walls and floor; paint woodwork and ceiling; dispose of all the waste.

This is in Surrey.

Cost £1440 + parts.

Great, this is nearer my geographical profile

thanks

tim

Reply to
tim.....