How have the mighty fallen? OT.

In message , Andy Hall writes

How come you know so much about all this? (I did ask if you were a dentist in another thread but you came back with the reply 'are you?'

Reply to
June Hughes

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I've been here since before the war ... never found a reason to leave. Idleness, some might call it ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Indeed. I feel less old this morning.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Following up to June Hughes

I have beetroot and lamb sausage sarnies.

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Alan Holmes

not for me, it has to be NOT pickled

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Owain

that would be very foolish, don't do it.

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Bondee

strawberries and black pepper are nice with steak.

Reply to
The Reid

"Mary Fisher" typed

Is that part of West Yorkshire ;-)

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Idle is part of Bradford.

Bradford is in what's now known by The Authorities as West Yorkshire.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:14:00 +0100, The Reid had this to say:

Cocoa?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Following up to Frank Erskine

do you like picked cocoa?

Reply to
The Reid

In message , The Reid writes

Seconded.

Reply to
June Hughes

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:42:12 +0100, The Reid had this to say:

I don't like _anything_ pickled, but I was referring to the title of the thread.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:50:58 +0100, June Hughes wrote (in article ):

Because the NHS is totally and utterly worthless, I buy almost all of my medical care (except primary doctor) and all of my dental care privately either through insurance or out of pocket.

This is an expensive activity obviously.

Secondly, I also firmly believe that I am in the driving seat as far as decision and choice of treatments are concerned and the doctor/dentist is a professional adviser, not ultimate decision maker. In order to make informed decisions, I take a lot of trouble to research any medical condition and any treatment before agreeing to it.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Following up to Frank Erskine

cant say I'm keen, but on fdm we tend to drift around from food to food.

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Andy Hall

tell that to someone who has long term illness or isn't affluent.

Reply to
The Reid

It seems quite good from my POV - and I speak as a regular user of their services.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

In message , Andy Hall writes

I tend to disagree. Having no money; having it wasted by some management staff or not having enough support from the powers that be is not, IMNSHO, the same thing as being 'totally and utterly worthless'.

I have to pay for dental care through Denplan, (no choice), which works well but is expensive. I used to have private healthcare but no longer subscribe to it. A friend of mine is in long-term National Health care. Her only gripe over the past few years is the lack of funds and the snobby, inefficient attitude of the reception staff in the doctor's surgery, which is the very service you say you still use. (I believe this attitude to patients by doctors' receptionists is universal).

I would have thought we would all do that, time permitting. However, I am not sure your opinions about amalgam are all correct.

Reply to
June Hughes

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

My mum, who's in her eighties and has had MS for the last thirty five years might disagree with you.

Reply to
Guy King