How does a dishwasher know how much water is in it?

Utter bollocks

I just do three minutes at full power to get the water hot and then 12 at low power.

No digits required

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We'll see...

But doing that with a single setting of a digital microwave is much more convenient than having to do it twice in a dinosaur microwave.

Reply to
Fred

Or poaching an egg in a plastic container, 1min. 50 secs. on simmer.

Leaves time to get the toast done.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Locally known as the Gorilla's armpit of the South East!

My sister ran a fruit and veg. stall there for 40 years.

No wind, light frost overnight. I'm waiting for some dry weather so I can annoy the off road cyclists with hedge trimmings:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I bet it takes you longer to code that in that it does for me to come back when it pings and reset the dials

You can do it 20 mins at 1/3d power instead. If resetting a dial halfway through is too much for your pointy head

Oddly enough when I cook rice, its because I am cooking something lese already to go with it that probably needs attention

Does yoor normal oven have te ability to start a roast hard to crisp te skin then turn itself down to tenderise the meat futrherr without drying it to a shredded inebible mush

All you do is prove that digital microwaves are for people who cant cook

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But its much more convenient to select poached egg or rice and not have to remember the detail.

And with a ready meal, just scan the barcode.

Reply to
Fred

You have just lost your bet. In spades when you select rice on the screen and that?s all you do.

But its much more convenient to just select rice on the screen than to remember the times.

It doesn?t for me with lots of the meals with rice.

The total system does allow me to select roast and weigh the joint and starts when it needs to to have the roast ready to plate at the time I choose to eat. And does that multi phase stuff auto too. Better to have the higher temp in the last phase, not the first. And the potatoes are done in a separate air fryer for better roast potatoes. All the work except plating done at the one time and the system tells you that its time to carve and plate it.

Bullshit. It?s the most convenient way to do rice and zap the frozen veg.

Reply to
Fred

Only for people who are too stupid to cook

QED

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As I said, you dont know how to cook

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This from the fella who is too stupid to answer an incoming call on a mobile phone or use a digital microwave to heat something.

Nope, that?s a tiny subset of the food eaten.

Reply to
Fred

How odd that I can do everything from a roast leg of lamb to curry, xmas cake, marmalade, relish, steak etc etc etc and even get real radical and work out how to answer an incoming call on a mobile phone too.

Reply to
Fred

We have had 2 Bosch dishwashers with no problems so far. Bought from warehouse stockist so not the latest models.

I'm a bit nervous as the current one is *built in*!

My biggest beef concerns the crockery manufacturers who have not learned to put drain slots in the bases of cups/mugs. Even the inclined shelves do not solve this. End of cycle, everything nicely dried except for the puddle of water trapped in each cup/mug base:-(

So, open the door and carefully soak up the excess with the nearest tea towel!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Fred snipped-for-privacy@hotnail.com writes

Could be the contacts on the door microswitch. Try a knee against the door.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Nope. You can often get it going by using the reset setting on the cycle control. Sometimes that can take 4-5 resets. That doesn?t put any force on the door at all, it?s a rotary control which is used to tell it which cycle you want and the reset is just one of those which flashes the lights until you stop it with the on off switch.

That?s why I think it might be a bad cap, it appears to be the controller having a brain fart. Much less often it does seen to not complete the cycle which also hints at a bad cap.

Never have any problem with the door. I do sometimes manage to add something I have forgotten to put in the machine, just after I have started it and it always stops fine when I open the door to put the forgotten item in and continues fine once I close the door again.

Reply to
Fred

This seems to be the inkjet printer of dish washers

Andy Burns