How do urinal cisterns work?

I never dry my hands when I've used a public toilet - I always wash them though. They dry naturally.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Swabs and cultures taken from bowls of peanuts in bars have shown traces of urininary tract infections from 20 people.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In article , Peter Stockdale writes

Once it's over the top it over and it flushes.

Also if there is not enough water flushed down often enough. The maintenance of the urinals out weights the savings (build up of crystals).

Reply to
zaax

You don't need that! You could provide your own ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

There's something I've always wanted to know. Why does (most) male urine smell so nasty compared with (most) female urine? Even blindfolded one could detect the difference if passing by or standing outside.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What are little boys made of? Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails That's what little boys are made of !" What are little girls made of? "Sugar and spice and all things nice That's what little girls are made of!"

Reply to
Peter Ramm

I should have specified men. Boys' urine isn't offensive. I suppose it must be hormonal ... like sweat only worse ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, there's what - a hundred million years or more of mammalian evolution, throughout which the (land-based ;-) mail animals have used urine for territorial marking.

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

You point your willy at it.

Reply to
IMM

You mean the postman?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's how the postcode evolved then.

Reply to
James Hart

"Mary Fisher" wrote | "Stefek Zaba" wrote | > Well, there's what - a hundred million years or more of | > mammalian evolution, throughout which the (land-based ;-) | > mail animals have used urine for territorial marking. | You mean the postman?

I wish mine would try it; he seems to have a problem with postcodes.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Well most female urine goes straight into the pan and is flushed away. male urine gets splattered against a wall or inside a urinal that might get flushed occasionally. The smelliest gents tend to be of the wall type so I suspect it's the splash back and drips onto the floor immediatly in front of the trough that "mature" and start to smell.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've always wondered why you put the courtesy boiled sweets in the urinal?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

True, but I think most men are sufficiently house trained to flush when they have had a dump. Any drop in pressure will activate the valve.

Graham

Reply to
graham

They don't dump in the urinal do they???

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, the poster did say "(land-based) mail animals" ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That brings up another question.

Sorry if this is embarrassing to the gentlemen hereabouts.

Why do men (gentle or otherwise) always have to do it against something - wall, tree, wheel, fence, whatever? I mean, what's wrong with doing it into thin air (with your back to the wind of course so that you don't get your own back).

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

How would you know that?

Reply to
Andy Hall

If girls are made of Sugar and spice and all things nice.

Why do they all smell like that?

Reply to
Zikki Malambo