First experience with an SDS drill - help please

After my first-ever session with an SDS drill, I've discovered that the chisel-bit seems to be stuck immovably in the chuck. I followed the directions with great care, lubricating the shank before I started, and breaking off mid-job to renew the grease - but clearly I should have had more breaks and more lubrication.

Any suggestions as to a painless way of removing the chisel would be very welcome.

Bert

Bert Coules

It sounds to me like you have a fault of some sort or a very poor design. My (reletively cheap) Stayer SDS drill doesn't require any regular lubrication and it has always allowed me to remove bits without any hassle at all.

Presumably you are pulling the release sleeve on the chuck back to get the bit out.

You *might* find that a smart tap on the side of the bit with a small hammer will 'unstick' the bit.

Reply to
usenet

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. My drill is a definitely cheapo model, yes, so I suppose a fault is a possibility. But I did use several different bits with perfect success before the calamity with the chisel.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Bert

Bert Coules