How do spiders get into bathtubs?

They were incredible, and many current events are covered by their years-old humour. Such as, on Charles de Gaulle: (from memory) "Eye-tie, Germany, Benelux and me, That's my Market recipe!"

Reply to
Davey

The more adventurous ones just crawl up your nose.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Do spiders sleep? If so, do they dream of flies?

Reply to
Gib Bogle

On 7/09/2012 8:32 a.m., Tim Streater wrote: ...

It makes it rain.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

A fishing spider? No joke, there are spiders that live underwater (with an air bubble) and catch fish.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Do you have huntsman spiders in the UK/ if that is what it was they are almost harmless, I pick them up in my hand and take them outside.

Reply to
F Murtz

En el artículo , alan escribió:

Oh, thanks, I needed to hear that. Not. House is full of spiders at the mo. I like them and don't kill them, but not enough to want to eat one.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

air bubble) and catch fish.

This one is a raft spider - it hunts from floating leaves.

Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012, "alan" writ:

Urban myth!

Reply to
Percy

That is a majorly big bastard - I have never seen one like that. I went a bit mental the other week when sitting at the park. Felt a wibble on my knee under the trousers so stood up and geve then a good shake and a really fat arsed caterpillar dropped out - 2" long and 1/2" diameter. Would have been very gooey if squished.

I found a 2" spider (legspan) on the towel this morning and a similar one yesterday in the bath - I think the recent warm weather has brought out lots of flies so plenty of food for them. Don't normally see anything much bigger.

Reply to
Tim Watts

To lay eggs in your brain?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Evil looking bastard...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I'm happy to have spiders in the house. Most of mine are the crawl-around-the-place variety rather than the spin-webs-everywhere type but nevertheless there are hardly ever any flying insects to be seen. If I find one in the bath I usually just hang a towel over the edge and the spider climbs out of its own accord in its own good time.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Kill all the spiders and you'll be complaining about all the mozzies.

mark

Reply to
mark

That's no way to talk about Mr Bignell ,or did you mean the Fish.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I was going to say lungs; brain-eggs result from the ones that crawl into your ears.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I don't mind a few but I usually get rid of most. They have a habit of spinning their webs across the top corners of doorways and, in a standard doorway, I have about an inch of clearance. My neighbour is about 5' 6" and in her house I encounter the webs that she hasn't even noticed.

Reply to
PeterC

Don't worry, they taste of chicken and are only 1 calorie each (for the big ones).

Reply to
alan

What do the insides of a roast spider look like? I cannot imagine it's anything like "meat" - or is it?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Flies land on dogshit, then regurgitate it on food, spreading diseases. Spiders kill flies. Therefore spiders are my friends.

And they make beautiful webs

[g]
Reply to
george - dicegeorge