How can you move a fridge without damaging the flooring?

How can you move a fridge without damaging the flooring?

Big fridge-freezer to be moved into kitchen with newly laid vinyl flooring. How to do it without messing up the vinyl? Glide pads under the fridge feet? Or what?

Reply to
Chris

Put down some hardboard ?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Use a truck.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I'm sure you already checked..but just in case..you sure there are no wheels on the fridge-freezer? - sometimes they are tucked underneath and you need to pull em down?

Reply to
LongYP

Slide it out a couple of inches,tilt bakwards and slide hardboard or wood underneath long enough for the fridge to slide along this wood.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

i.e. like

bit of pipe insulation or cardboard against the front should reduce the risk of scratches. Make sure there is always a helper. The position of the compressor at the back of a fridge freezer makes it a bit unstable, so help is essential.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Some have wheels only at the back and if the front is raised it should move. Some washing-up liquid squirted on floor might help as well

Pat Macguire

Reply to
Syke

Thats exactly what the vynil fitters did with my freezer when they put it BACK. Works a treat.

I dont know how you get it to the back feet before you pull it out though?

Reply to
Bookworm

if you do that, make sure you video cam it :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Glue felt pads on to the feet of the fridge. This will make it easier to slide.

Reply to
hicks

lidl have a set of sliders coming up next week, complete with lever to put them under the thing.

Reply to
EricP

Sparks

Get some sheets of something hard to put under it while you move it.

Hardboard or MDF etc..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Telekinesis[1].

[1] cf. dowsing.
Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from Chris contains these words:

Sheet of hardboard - only a few quid. Tape it down if you're worried about it moving or snagging.

Reply to
Guy King

Or ditto but use something like an old army blanket, get the fridge on it completely, you can then use this to pull the fridge along.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

I used a sack truck to move the old one out yesterday and will put the new one back the same way on Wednesday, with the addition of an old blanket to protect the paintwork.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

John Rumm

If you could wait till Monday, you could buy these from Lidl

that Woolworths were selling a foldaway trolley for =A312, not the best piece of kit, they give it a rating of 50kg or maybe its a SWL but I have been moving 80kg items with it and had no problems

Reply to
Gogs

In article , Gogs writes

That link takes me to a page where it asks for my postcode. It does not take me to a particular item!

Reply to
Chris