How can I repair my expensive tefal steam iron ?

My tefal express, one of those big irons withs the water tank has stopped working.
Strange one this, working as normal turned it off and left it unmoved overnight
came back the following day, pressed the trigger no steam hmmm....
The iron itself is hot (ie can work as normal heat iron) but it seems no steam is being generated.
The bottom feels warm, but normally continues to boil (hence the steam)
I am wondering if it's a simple pressure/safety device.
anyone offer any suggestions ? It will cost me £15 in postage I think just to send it for repair let along the cost of any parts.
I brought it for £100 (refurb) so I am guessing that a similar thing has happened to it in the past.
Help, service manual or companies all good feedback for me. Stuck now no shirts ironed for work !
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 29 Mar 2006 11:48:58 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Are you in a hard water area?
Unless cleaned properly they easily get clogged with calcium build up. Filling the tank with citric acid and leaving it a few hours usually works.
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If its not boiling, its heater/thermostat/switch/wiring. A multimeter will tell you which.
NT
Add pictures here
βœ–
If descaling doesn't fix it then unless you can strip it down and test the electrics with a meter your only options are to send it to Tefal for repair, to scrap it, or use it with a hand-held water spray. It can be bought new for £89.99 via Amazon so the repair option depends on how much you are willing to spend on it.
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
Add pictures here
βœ–

repair,
Another option - one which I used - buy a cheap one from Aldi/Lidl about 35GBP 3 year warranty or just throw it away and get another
PhilC
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 29 Mar 2006 11:48:58 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Have a look at this thread:
<http://72.14.203.104/search?q Κche:ZKu439jr3lkJ:chat.dailymail.co.uk/dailymail/threadnonInd.jsp%3Fforum%3D34%26thread%3D9718443%26message%3D11228643+tefal+steam+iron+repair+forum&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=8>
cheers, Pete.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thanks all.
I wonder if it can be reapaired for less than 89 I think the pump has gone
Brought a cheap one today from Robert Dyas (going on holiday so can't wait)
it's not until you try another, that you realise how well tefal have done.
The morhpy richards one cost me £65 Problems - Can't see how much water is left - Can't reach trigger for steam (top of iron while holding it) - Steam only really comes from the top even thought holes over hole soleplate. - No cord storage - Have to leave it to cool before filling - Have to use funnel (these get lost)
The list goes one. After I've finished Ironing I am going to take it back
Add pictures here
βœ–