how can i connect 2 waste pipes to one stand pipe?

this is the current waste pipe:

have just got a dishwasher and need to attach another waste pipe, any ideas what i need to do/ buy?

Reply to
benpost

I'd replace the U bend connector with a T and an elbow and reconnect the U bend connector on the onto the elbow, and put an short length of pipe on the straight part of the T and the new U bend connector there. Does this make sense:

| | +--+ | | | +--+ |

-----+--------+ | +--+

You'll need: tee, elbow, 3" of pipe, 3" of pipe, 8" of pipe, another U bend and upstand pipe.

Reply to
jgharston

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 04:55:59 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be benpost wrote this:-

I would first test that the existing waste pipe can cope with both appliances pumping out at the same time.

If that is the case I would fit a running trap [1] roughly where the existing trap is. On the end of this I would fit a tee, with the existing standpipe in it. I would continue from the tee with a short length of pipe to an elbow, into which I would put another standpipe.

Roughly (used fixed with font to view):

| | | | | | | | | | | |

----------- ----------------- | | | | ----

[1] , select waste traps, then 40mm tubular traps, then the one at the bottom. (Shitty web site I know).
Reply to
David Hansen

thanks for the replies, i found this one on the mcalpine site, would it work ? the only think i can see which might be a problem is the pipe i have does not have a thread to screw this adapter on to

V33WM in the search

Reply to
benpost

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:23:01 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be benpost wrote this:-

Whether it works depends on whether there is an air inlet in the gadget. The hole in the middle may provide this,though it looks a little small.

I suspect you would find that at the bottom of the photograph is not a threaded connector, but a compression fitting for screwing onto a plain bit of 40mm pipe.

Reply to
David Hansen

in the vertical pipe just above the trap.

Reply to
Keith

Mine is attached about 8" above the u bend, about level with your cable I suspect. They can be bought a t Been & Queued etc but cost a bit more.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

An option that is worth considering is the Marley sink trap with two extra inlets - 1 for a washing m/c the other for a dishwasher.

It works well here & saves a lot of space and avoids messy stand pipes, but the m/cs are only run together overnight (Economy 7). Additional advantage is that all connections are sealed. Initially I was concerned that connecting the 3 wastes through 1 trap might overload the trap (with waste coming up into the sink) but that has never occurred.

Ours came from B&Q but any Marley stockist should have them. Only seen them in the Marley range.

HTH

Reply to
jim

Our washing machine instruction book says that the waste outlet should be hung over a trapped pipe at between 30 and 36 inches above the base of the washing machine, normally a sink trap is a lot lower than this. Admittedly the WM is quite old (purchased in June 1993, Servis Gem 800) maybe the drain arrangement on newer ones are different? Don

Reply to
Donwill

I got the same one as John and am going to fit it later, as he said about 8" above the u bend . thanks for all the help

Reply to
benpost