How bendy is copper pipe?

Depends on what stresses it's subjected to. I needed to suspend a TV monitor from the ceiling, and although wall mounting kits are readily available and cheap, ceiling mounting ones aren't, and are desperately expensive from pro suppliers - almost as much as the monitor. I made one out of 15mm tube, using end feed fittings where needed, and not only does it look very good, but it's well up to taking several times the weight. Total cost under 20 quid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

According to the program about Chippendale last night; vinegar.

Reply to
Huge

CPC do a range where the wall mount and ceiling mount units are pretty much the same price, 50ish quid for up to a 33" screen.

Reply to
James Hart

There is no point in doing a lot of work if the result does not give the effect desired by the person asking for the work.

Reply to
Brian S Gray

Thanks for that - I'm pretty certain I checked them at the time, and they didn't then. Also, many of the universal types are pretty hideous to look at - I think mine looks good. But then I would. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Paint the copper with a salt water solution. Place it in a plastic bag, I used a black bin liner. Put a pot in the bottom partly filled with something absorbent, paper towel, sawdust, even unused cat litter ( I used a clean empty margarine pot and paper towels) Pour some Houshold Ammonia into the pot, fasten the top of the bag and leave for a few days. Do this outside. Boots sell the Ammonia, but have also seen it in Waitrose and hardware stores. No need to clean the copper before you start. Norma (Please do not reply by email)

Reply to
Norma

Amen brother.

This sounds like the voice of experience here !

Cheers

Paul.

Reply to
Zymurgy

Clean it properly and brush on vinegar will get it geeen. Do appreciate that copper compounds are not 100% innocent. If your dog chews it, s/he may die. Given which I cant recommend doing it.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton