House rewiring

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Which suggests they were tripping a RCD rather than a MCB?

(circuits of IT kit are well known for having high leakage currents)

Reply to
John Rumm

Which results in you the landlord getting a bill for the emergency electrician the tenant called when they discovered the landlord was acting like a childish prick.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes poor choice of word... I would suggest 1 is simpler.

(except for parrot boy of course - but we kind of expect that!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Indeed that would take a special talent ;-)

Well it keeps him off the streets.

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm

A bit more on the subject.

F Murtz

3 computers, 2 printers, label printer, monitor, scanner, 1 network router, 1 network hub, 1 printer server, desk lamp, telephone. 12 here.
Reply to
charles

Think you have problems?

8 computers, 1 telephone, 2 printers, 1 scanner, 2 monitors, 2 switches, 1 router, 1 ATA, 1 PSU for front door control system. And a couple spare for laptop chargers, battery charger, etc.
Reply to
Bob Eager

There are special MCBs that are rated for motors. I never have nuisance MCB trips. I do have nuisance RCD trips.

Reply to
harryagain

Foolishly designed system. Each computer should have had individual protection if it was that important.

Reply to
harryagain

Reply to
harryagain

No, twice is more like.

Reply to
harryagain

He was there doing other rewiring anyway. And redecorating afterwards.

Reply to
Tim Streater

It wasn't important, it was some stupid regulation when the CU was fitted. It took months for me to persuade the electricians to put in less sensitive breakers (against the regulations).

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Why should you have to work out where you're going to plug in what and fit the right breakers? What a nuisance.

QED, it's why I have no RCDs in the house.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Yes, or worse. I wonder who'd end up having to pay it according to the law.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Then use the correct one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They're against the regs.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I never said they were.

Harry's the fool with "nuisance RCD trips" (his words). I have no such problem.

Reply to
Uncle Peter