House prices in the 50's

And what self respecting Scot do YOU know who would eat boiled beef and carrots?

DO they have sparras in Scotland?

Reply to
Geoffrey

Or suck a whelk.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Mmmm - whelks! Lovely. Rollmops on the bar on a Sunday.

Mr Drivel, you are clearly a child and an ignorant one at that.

Reply to
Geoffrey

Thanks, LOL, very evocative...

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I am no child, but ignorant of whelks.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In article , Doctor Drivel writes

Yes, I suspected as much, "couldn't run a whelk stall" does spring to mind

Reply to
David

Bertie, I couldn't. I don't like Whelks.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, I think that was a lot. We lived in Kingston-on-thames in 195

and a 3 bed parlour house on the main road went for £1,500. When we moved up to Hillingdon in 1966 we needed £5,000. Now I live i Reading and my house @ £12,000 should fetch £200,000. So what if I wan to buy a new one, I'd have to pay as much. 1 & 2 Flats for elderly i one part of town are being offered (and taken) at £275,000.

All it proves is that as we all know, the world has gone mad. Me wit it!

docus

-- docusk

Reply to
docusk

Yes, I think that was a lot. We lived in Kingston-on-thames in 195

and a 3 bed parlour house on the main road went for £1,500. When we moved up to Hillingdon in 1966 we needed £5,000. Now I live i Reading and my house in 1974 @ £12,000 should fetch £200,000. So wha if I want to buy a new one, I'd have to pay as much. 1 & 2 Flats fo elderly in one part of town are being offered (and taken) at £275,000.

All it proves is that as we all know, the world has gone mad. Me wit it!

docus

-- docusk

Reply to
docusk

All it proves is that there is an artificial land shortage that inflates land prices and hence house prices.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That's what we want, more artificial land. Re-develop brown field sites, that sort of thing. Houses on stilts over estuaries. Colonise the slag-heaps.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Are you a Pikie?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Ah. A new name for Drivel.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Doctor Drivel writes

Artificial land shortages are created in many places though, its the way the world goes round, a very quick google gives you the USA, Sydney, India, all complaining of artificial land shortages, so its no different elsewhere, you're point is?

Reply to
David