House insurance - again.

Having renewed with my original company after 'negotiating' a discount, they sent me an email wanting feedback on the transaction. Of course the questions were mainly about the service I'd had when phoning them, and I had no complaints about the person I dealt with. But they did also ask about overall satisfaction, so I told them exactly what I thought about the practice of giving a large discount if the customer complained enough.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Three days after some wallpaper was delivered, I was asked by G&B to review my purchase, do they really expect people to hang the stuff that quickly?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Most of these surveys tend to concentrate on 'service'. Hardly ever the product or value for money.

And never ever ask a direct question about the one thing which has annoyed you (if there is one).

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But there are idiots who post a review to say they've giving 5 stars for an item that's just arrived but is still in the box.

Bit like Ebay feedback where you're expected to give the maximum 5 stars for just OK. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

At work the outsourced IT provider sends out customer satisfaction survey emails BUT only if the service call results in a relatively fast fix. If they have real problems no survey form is forthcoming.

Plus -- the survey only asks if the phone was answered quickly, if the front line service person was polite etc. There is nowhere for any comment about the sometimes crap overall service they provide.

Reply to
alan_m