Hotpoint washing m/c door lock flashes

Have a Hotpoint WMA44 washing machine. The 'door lock' light kept flashing, so I replaced the door lock switch. The light still ocasionally flashes and to get the machine going again, I press the 'start' button which puts power through the switch and keeps the machine working. Any idea why the power is not keeping the lock in a lock position.

Reply to
David Severn