Hotpoint Motor Question

I have a friend with a Hotpoint motor. It has an earth and 7 other poles to connect to.

The motor says 800/15000 rpm.

He wants to use it for polishing, and wants it to run at 2800rpm.

What's the easiest way to achieve this?

And what is the significance of the 7 connectors on the motor, I guess to do with speed/taps to the windings?

The motor is labelled type 904/1130/08. I don't know what it came out of.

Thanks.

Jc.

Reply to
Josey

Get another motor.

Really. These things are designed to work with the load, to the extent that if you get the connections wrong, it can cause them to explode when overspeeding.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Agreed. One from a tumble dryer makes good polishers, but a bit fast.

Reply to
Mark

If he has the controller board it is relatively simple - if he doesn't, forget it. The maximum unregulated no load speed of those motors is tens of thousands of RPM and more than sufficient for them to break up under the stress.

Reply to
Peter Parry

thanks guys, I'll tell him.

Jc.