Hotpoint Dishwasher DF61

Hi All

Dishwashers been playing up - not emptying completely which leaves stuff streaky especially glass. You can see water above the level of the main filter (only just.

Book of words told me to 'remove screw & clean pump'. The 'pump' turns out to be a small plastic cog - I can't believe this is capable of emptying a dishwasher! I assume it just has enough welly to start a syphon?.

Anywho, alleged pump was clean, so I dismantled the machine to remove the drain hose. Note to Hotpoint - well done on hiding the screws so well, it took 10 mins to find the b*stards.

Drain hose clear, sink waste & trap clear, 'pump' clear, filters clear.

It's on now for a trial with a bottle of cleaner to be on the safe side.

Am I missing something?

Dave

Reply to
David Lang