Hot Water Woes

Can soemone advise please.....I have terrible HW pressure in my kitche

- probably the result of too many bends installed by incompentan plumbers in the years before I moved in.....I bought a (brand new Grundfos 15-90 pum

fo £15 which I thought I;d try before the inevitable task of having to la a new run to feed the kitchen with its Hot water from the Cylinde upstairs.

The easist point of installation is in the airing cupboard upstairs by running it on the outlet down pipe that comes from the top of th cylinder I was hoping this might at least help...however the spec fo the pump says that it requires .2 bar (2m head) minimum on the inle side of the pump - and by installing it on the pipe about 20cm belo the level of the output pipe on the cylinder I can see how this i possible.

There are no real alternatives for the location of the pump without th same dreaded removal of carpets and chipboard flooring which I'd quit like to avoid - and of course, if I'm doing that, I may as well lay th new pipe run anyway......what should I do??

-- alexbartman

Reply to
alexbartman

I had the same problem after installing a high pressure only 'mixer' tap in the kitchen - I couldn't find a low pressure one I liked. I installed the pump under the sink. Works a treat. The other hot water outlets in the house are fine, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The head on the hot water is determined by the level in the cold tank that feeds the hot water cylinder so you may well have 2m at the chosen installation point.

Think about a shower mixer where the shower head may be above the level in the hot water cyclinder. You still get _some_ (not enough for a decent shower in most cases) hot water so long as the shower head is below the level in the cold tank.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq