Hot water pump.

Set Square wrote

I thought Rob was using a kitchen tap with pullout hose; but perhaps I'm wrong.

Mine certainly continues to pump once it's started; that made the experiments a bit rough, the trigger point had to be estimated from below!

I had one of those kitchen taps once (before the pump) and it was unusable; I have oldfashioned bath and basin taps that worked perfectly well before the pump, it was the kitchen one that wouldn't work.

Any how, your suggestion of some sort of kickstart would work whichever Rob's talking about, although I wonder if my Grundfos would provide enough flow for an effective shower; I use a (no flames please) Triton pumped electric shower...... slinks off

Reply to
mike

I'll go with the idea of the pushbutton start I think; it gives me an escape if there isn't enough flow to start the pump - it's the kitchen sink by the way !

Many thanks for the discussion; I would like to go the way of a heat store etc, and mains pressure DHW but the work and investment makes it more of an effort than it is worth.

Rob

Rob

Reply to
robkgraham