Hose connectors

Good morning all, I need to connect 2 different diameter hoses with a single reducing connector or coupling. The hoses are 38mm i/d and 32mm i/d and have a spiral, stiffening rib around the outside. They are being used to deliver water at low pressure from a 12v bilge pump. I tried all the pond, aquarium and garden centres in the Edinburgh area, but only found a 2 oiece Oase fitting which crushed when I tried to clamp the hose! Does anyone know of a manufacturer or supplier of this type of produc?

Reply to
wattie

For a similar, though not identical application, I have found soft-drink bottles of use. These are made of PET/mylar, which is blow-moulded. They come as a little thick plastic vial, and are in the bottling plant heated up and blown into a mold. If you subsequently heat them, they want to go back to their original shape, and will quite happily shrink to around half their diameter on gentle heating.

Find a bottle that fits loosely over both pipes. Consume contents. Cut off ends of bottle. Now, heat with a hot-air gun, and it'll shrink. This can be very, very even, and tight. However, the water will run through the spiral. So, put some silicone sealant around the ends, so it makes the outside cylindrical, leave to set, and use the bottle over the top.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Hi,

Maybe a lump of an old bike frame would be the right diameter, or try a local fabrication firm/pipe stockholder.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In message , wattie writes

Well, I was in my local hardware store at the weekend and they sell that sort of thing - an obvious first place to look I would have thought

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
wattie

Have you tried Machine Mart?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In message , wattie writes

You said: "I tried all the pond, aquarium and garden centres"

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
wattie

In message , wattie writes

Which is why I made the suggestion

eejit

And please don't top post

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
wattie

In message , wattie writes

Retards who can't see what they omitted to type ...

Thread killed

Reply to
geoff