Horror: Washing Machine Broken

My AEG 72620 WM won't fill, making a clicking noise. After removing the top cover, the noise is coming from a plastic gearbox at the back of the filling box. Inside the geabox cover are three coloured gears, the pink one appears to have lost two teeth.

Is there any chance of me getting hold of enough info to fix the problem (i.e. service manual)?

I know it's not entirely in the spirit of DIY, but in case my efforts at repair are unsuccessful, can anyone recommend a service agent for AEG machines in SE Essex (Southend area).

TIA

Chris

Reply to
Barton

Don't wanna hear it - we've got a 72620 & its had 3 1/2 years of washing nappies.

On a more constructive note, you could try

've bought obscure hings from the above & they try to get things for you.

or

used these, but they seem to have a wide range.

Good luck Jono

Reply to
Jonathan Webb

Can't remember the name off-hand but I think there is a firm who supply service manuals for various appliances. try a Google search on: service manuals

Reply to
Joe Lee

The other day our 13 yo Electrolux Logic refused to spin.

I asked Spouse to look at it.

It wasn't the usual problem - a coin in the outlet pipe - so he said we'd have to buy a new machine because the old one was old and the motor had obviously gone.

I said ring Regam and ask how much a new motor is. He grumbled but did and they said it would be £47 - but suggested it might be the brushes.

It was the brushes. £8 or thereabouts compared with hundreds for a new machine and we don't have to worry about disposing of the old one.

Hurrah!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher