Hoover Performa washing machine question

We've lost the instruction manual, and I can't find a replacement. While I continue to seek one out, does anyone know what the Economy button on this machone does? At present, so far as I can tell, its main function is to shrink my expensive Aikido suits.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

"D.M. Procida" wrote ... | We've lost the instruction manual, and I can't find a replacement. | While I continue to seek one out, does anyone know what the | Economy button on this machone does?

If you don't have a Half Load button, it's probably for that ie when you're not doing a full load.

If you do have a separate Half Load button (like mine does) it lets you use the 95deg Hot Whites programme but it runs at 60deg.

| At present, so far as I can tell, its main function | is to shrink my expensive Aikido suits.

Some M&S suits are supposed to be washable, but I'd be very wary about washing designer stuff.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It doesn't have a Half Load button - what i think it *might* do is only take water from the hot tap instead of heating it up itself, so if that's too hot it might be hotter than if the machine had done the heating itself.

Not sure if you're joking, but .

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

The Economy button on many washing machine only switches the heater element off sooner than it normally would and also causes the machine to miss out on a rinse or two. It might be the missing rinses that are causes your shrinkage problems, because the rinses are done with cold water and if they are missed out, then the clothes are not being cooled as much as they normally would.

Reply to
BigWallop

Economy setting allows the machine to carry on washing WHILE it's heating the water. In non-economy, the machine still tumbles while the water's heating, but the timed cycle won't actually begin until the water's up to temp.

Reply to
impvan