Hoover HP6110 Front Load Washing machine making banging noise

My wife, after pulling out the washing machine, a Hoover HP6110 Front Load Washing machine, to get something that had rolled under it then pushed it back but it was not level so it banged when it started spinning. She did not know about small piece of wood at back to keep it level. After re-levelling it there is still some banging when it is spinning. Something might have been damaged, any idea what to look for and how and where do I look. Also how do I dismantle it to look for damage? Thanks Ron

Reply to
Ron

The weight needs to be distributed equally on the four feet and the machine should be reasonably level front to back and side to side. The two front feet are normally adjustable for height and there should be no need for a wooden spacer if the two front feet are adjusted to get even weight distribution. If you want to look inside, there are usually two screws along the back top edge which when removed allow the top to come off. 240 volts can kill. With the top off you should be able to see the top and sides of the outer tub. To see the underneath of the tub it is usually easier to tip the machine on its side. There are usually concrete weights to balance the outer tub, and some machines have a telescopic shock absorber or two. If you find grey concrete dust under the machine then one of the concrete weights might be lose. There are several causes of banging apart from uneven feet/floor surface and lose weights, including overloading and uneven distribution of the drum contents. But as this only happened after the machine was re-positioned I would make sure the front feet are properly adjusted.

Reply to
Codswallop