Hooray: persistant leak found

25mm Blue MDPE pipe, used for air distribution in a workshop. One elbow WOULDN'T seal. Tiny leak persisted even having replaced the elbow. Only detectable with soap water spray but enough for the compressor to cycle many times a night. Eventually found very small scratching along the length of the pipe where it had been pulled through a wall. (Scratch to the wall side so not obvious!) Blending the pipe surface with a fine abrasive pad now allows the seal to seat properly and all is well - AT LAST - only taken a week to find !

(Before anyone poo poos the use of MDPE for air distribution, it's fine - used it for over 25 years with no problems at 100 psi)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew Mawson formulated on Monday :

I had a similar problem, but long since found the slight leak from a fitting. As my compressor is used very irregularly, and I don't really want it starting up in the night, I fitted a timer module. When power is applied it allows the compressor to run for 15 minutes only. Long enough to charge up the receiver with one shot, which it will now hold for months. If I need more I can cycle the supply to get another 15 minute shot or bypass the timer with a switch.

I agree, I used it 10 years ago and still fine.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield