Honeywell smartfit faults

Hi,

I'm currently having problems with my honeywell smartfit heating system.

The unit shows F4 which appears to be a problem with the 3 way valve. After looking at the valve it appears to drive both ways to the the end of it's travel but the fault keeps coming up (even after a power cycle) and it refuses to heat the water.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Reply to
andy.milsom

I would suspect that it is moving, but the control board is not seeing it has got to position, probably not hitting a limit switch or maybe a reed or proximity switch. Also it may be moving too slow, so the software is expecting to see it within say 5 seconds and yours it taking 6???

Reply to
Tim Morley

That sort of what I thought, however the connector only appears to have

2 pins so is the end position detected by increase in motor current?

Also from the installation instructions it appears that the motor should get about 10 seconds and it seems to be well within this limit.

So I'm thinking it's either the control board or the actuator as the valve appears to move freely.

Andy

Tim Morley wrote:

Reply to
andy.milsom