Honeywell 4043

Should opening it manually operate the microswitch ?

I've always assumed it did, but have just bought a replacement head and with the lever fully over, the operating plate is about 2mm shy of the switch, let alone when dropped back into the catch.

So is it just supposed to open the valve?

Andy Cap

Reply to
Andy Cap

I'm pretty sure they only open the valve. I had one with a dead motor and using the manual opening lever did not trip the microswitch.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Don't think so, the manual opening is just that to facilitate filling/draining/bleeding without having to have power. You wouldn't want say a pump and/or boiler to come on without the system fully primed...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks both. No, that makes sense. ;-)

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Defo confirmation, the microswitch is only operated when the motor operates the mechanism, not on manual.

Reply to
fred

That's my vague reollection too.

Reply to