homepro.com any good?

Is

any good?

Has anyone found a reliable professional through it?

Any bad experiences?

Reply to
Dave Philips

Seems to be a web based form of yellow pages. But it's a lot more hassle to look through and find anything on the search function, other than more advertising that is. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

It's supposed to rate/score professionals on a range of attributes. And the slogan 'Becuase Home Imnprovement Shouldn't Be A Gamble'

Only problem is is doesn't say how old the reviews are and how many reviews there were. A builder displaying 10/10 as an average score on all counts means nothing if there's only 1 review.

Reply to
Dave Philips

The best people to contact are the trade associations for each. They have inspectors which check periodically on their members, and they can always give a more reasonable account of how their members customers are rating them.

I personally wouldn't rely on a web site that sells advertising to make revenue. They'll more than likely be writing the reviews themselves, just for more money from the company they recommend to you. I think it's called "A piece of the action" in the movies. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop