Holes in garage roof - epoxy putty?

I've got a flat(ish) garage roof made of box profile metal sheets which are held down to the OSB underneath using specific screws with big hexagonal h eads and a metal washer with a rubber washer underneath.

Anyway, I had to remove a couple of screws and put them in again a few inch es away and so needed to fill the hole that was left. I used epoxy putty an d I'm wondering if this is likely to last or, if not, what is the best alte rnative way of filling the hole?

Reply to
Murmansk

Anyway, I had to remove a couple of screws and put them in again a few inches away and so needed to fill the hole that was left. I used epoxy putty and I'm wondering if this is likely to last or, if not, what is the best alternative way of filling the hole?

A bit of flashband.

Reply to
harryagain

Did you really need to remove the screws?

I missed the wood a couple of times when fixing the metal roof for the shed, and I just left the screws in and drilled and screwed the new ones in the correct place.

So one answer is to use a screw as you described.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts