Hob/worktop seal

Fitted a built in to worktop gas hob about 10 years ago, and sealed between the hob and top with silicone. That went mangey, so I've removed it.

While what's left is doubtless a germ trap, it does look better - but I've just noticed a rubber purpose made gasket material is available. What's the best way of finishing these things?

Reply to
RJH

My electric hob came with a foam sticky strip and that has worked fine for

50 years now.

None of it is visible with the hob installed.

Reply to
Rex Jones

What do the installation instructions for the hob say that you should do?

Reply to
Michael Chare

Yes same as mine. But the hob doesn't sit flush to the worktop - there's a small c.2mm gap which attratcs muck. I'm thinking now that the hob wasn't seated properly . . .

Reply to
RJH

Thanks - as reply upthread

Reply to