high gloss white bathroom furniture - how best to replicate?

kitting out a bathroom with a white high gloss inset sink cupboard thing... I'll need another small shelf or two to disguise the waste run -

So presumably on a MDF base, what/how to paint with to replicate this "high gloss" business?

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

Bits of B&Q kitchen units from broken packs, damaged panels, etc.

I made some quite successful bathroom cupboards entirely out of this source. For the quality, prices were not at all bad.

Reply to
Rod

You can get a very high gloss on MDF by sealing the surface, several layers of undercoat, rub down between each with fine (400 grit) paper by hand with a block, then two gloss coats, again rub down between them, but use car body emery 2000 grit on a block. Needs a very good brush. Use best quality oil-based liquid gloss (if the Eeuuu will let you have it).

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Do what they do. Spray the things. Use car paints and a suitable primer. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I took some wooden cabinets I had made for auxiliary car speakers to my local car shop, and they sprayed them to perfection.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Get a company to spray them with the same paint (polyurethane) It is hard to do at home as it is a two part mix with a dangerous substance in it (needs sophisticated mask) Also needs dust free space.

Reply to
F Murtz

nice idea I'll have a scout about

Cheers JimK