hifi/tv cabling

I have a hifi unit which I wish to contain all audi-visual equipment. The TV is sat on tuther side of the room and will be replaced by an on wall lcd when prices calm down further. I want to cable between these 2 locations and in the past I have simply drilled holes in suspended plain boarded floor and looped speaker cable underneath. Now I need to do something like this again for

speaker cable: room to cellar to room scart: room to cellar to room hdmi: wall chase to cellar to room antennae/dish: cellar to room

Lots of holes!

Speaker end I can live with a single hole for each of stereo only. But hifi unit end would be best to have some flexible interface in either the wall or the floor. Something that does not limit me to specific plug/sockets or better just plain cable with no further degrading components. Basically something to let cables in, look neat and prevent drafts.

Any ideas/experiences?

TIA, Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

floor boxes with modular plates

blank service outlet plate appears to be steel, so easily drillable for custom connectors.

With a little ingenuity and an SDS drill you can probably flush it into the wall if wanted.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

My preferred way is to use ordinary backing boxes and fabricate the appropriate outlets using blank plates of the same design as the rest of the mains sockets. With my TV, I have 2 x SCART, 2 x S-Video, 1 x BNC, 2 x RF, 6 phonos and 1 x 5-pin DIN. 4 13 amp sockets powered all the time and

2 powered via the AV amp.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)