Henry vaccuum pipe

These pipes seem to be constructed with falling to bits as part of their design. Not for the first time pulling the cleaner a bit too hard pulled the convoluted pipe out of its plastic fixing. It seems to me that the way its held in, by a couple of ridges in the socket that when you deform the pipe and push kind of lock it in but obviously not very well. Now one could glue this but then it cannot turn. Am I missing something here or is this just the way the thing is designed? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Screw it back in. It's a left handed thread that attaches that the corrugations of the pipe create. just winds straight back into the plastic housing.

Been there done that. :) :)

Reply to
0345.86.86.888

Take the nozzle apart by depressing the two recessed catches on opposite sides where the pipe enters. The pipe end screws into a plastic ferrule which is free to rotate in the housing. The pipe should be glued into the ferrule. Any sort of slightly flexible filler glue will do, 'I can't believe it's not nails' or a silicone sealant, there's plenty of surface area.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur