help with gas boiler please

not getting any hot water / heating, though boiler looks ok- pilot light on, making al the right noises....

tried running water through the taps for a while, changing the thermostat up and down (waiting between each change!)

still no hots....??

Reply to
lastchance

The standard reply to when you have no hot water seems to be that the diverter valve has gone, most often the diaphragm in the diverter valve. Happened to me a few weeks ago.

But you also said your heating wasn't working... at least I think that's what you meant... Anyway I don't think the diverter valve is relevant to this.

Reply to
Dan Gravell

make and model ...?

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

In message , lastchance writes

And not an iota of useful information as to what boiler, which would be required to give any help whatsoever

Reply to
geoff

Sounds like the main gas valve isn't coming on, but a bit difficult to diagnose without further information

Reply to
geoff

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:44:25 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Dan Gravell strung together this:

It is related, it diverts water to heating or water, hence the 'divert' in the name. Could be the pump.

Reply to
Lurch

In message , Lurch writes

Not on the hot water side (unless it's a Myson Midas or similar)

Reply to
geoff

hey, i'm new here!

another ng suggested a hammer to the pump... hmmmmm..

make- glow worm model- ultimate

can't see any other markings....

it was fitted about 2 years ago, and serviced 6 months ago..

-in a (nice!) council flat... the flat that is, not sure about the council....

thanks for any helpers.

Reply to
lastchance

water pipes and and out are stony cold..... have paid the bills!

Reply to
lastchance

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:15:38 +0100, in uk.d-i-y geoff strung together this:

Have I missed a post somewhere? Where does it say the pump doesn't have anything to do with the hot water?

Reply to
Lurch