Help replacing old radiator

In the bathroom is an old single panel radiator with no fins. It measures 640mm/25" X 740mm/29". I would like to replace it with a smaller radiator, however I am having difficulty in finding the btu output of the old one, can anyone help? I've tried Google but can only find outputs for modern rads. TIA

Reply to
Broadback

Forget about BTUs - they are a deprecated unit.

Manufacturer's data sheets assume a flow temperature of 90 degrees and the quoted figures need to be derate to 0.89 to determine the output at the typical UK boiler flow temperature of 82 degrees. Of course, if you just want an equivalent replacement, this doesn't matter since both numbers would be derated.

For a single panel radiator of this size, the nominal figure would be around 550W - actual around 500W. This is from reference to Myson's Premier range where there is a radiator without fins of similar size to yours. They have numerous size and fin combinations which would meet or exceed what you have. THere is nothing wrong in going a bit higher if you want to do so.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall