Help needed to locate a non standard size bath

Long story shortened.... Our shower was leaking from we thought, the concealed pipes. After removing the tiles (and using a steamer to soften the grout), it turned out to be just a washer from the outlet pipe. (Annoying because Aqualisa insisted I needed to buy a replacement valve - which I bought!)

Unfortunately, the steamer, when unused and de-tiling, was left in the bath and has now damaged it. So a 5p washer has caused £1000s in damage!

OK the bath....

The one in situ is 1684x700. The sides and ends are both buried in the wall on the tap end and a side. They are probably an inch recessed from tile level. It works ok, because the ends and sides are quite deep.

So, I am probably looking for something that is 1650 to 1674 x 690

I have found one that is probably fine, but am troubled by the lack of border, so it may not be the one. I do need to put back as it was and dont have any leeway (it is walled on 3 sides and the fourth has a door opening. I cant go out any further without amending the door.)

The one I have found is this one:

you can see, the side is pretty narrow making me uncertain - also the ends seem to angle very quickly and so the tap position is a bit of an unknown! As I am going to butt up to the tiles in the original position, I really dont know if this is suitable.

Anyone know of bath suppliers that do have non standard sizes? I have googled and the above bath is the only one I can find. There must be others out there!!!!!

Reply to
guv

1685 is pretty standard - baths tend to be either 1700 or 1685. even some that are listed as 1700 aren't. The last bath we fitted was from
and was 1685 in reality.

Plumbcenter do a 1650 x 700 bath - looks perfectly normal. I was quoted =A377 plus VAT last week, with stock available centrally.

auctions

Yeh, I know what you mean. Seems a bit silly they dont quote the true dimensions! I would think the bath in situ, was probably sold as a

1700 bath. It was fortunate it was slightly smaller!

I had spoken to plumbcenter for sure. They did say they had a 1650 bath (made by "bette" I think he said), but that was 1650x750

What branch gave you the info?

Reply to
guv

oops - it was a 1600 x 700 now I come to check.

auctions

Damn!

I did ring them today and they did say they had a steel bath that was

1650x700 but didnt have any details. I phone the makers - and its actually 1650x750 Just a slight difference! No one would be able to open the bathroom door if that was fitted! ;-)

Looks like I am going to have to go for the one I listed earlier and hope it works out. Not overly keen on the design, but I need to get this sorted and everyone cant seem to help Ive spoken to. But the odds are as soon as its fitted, I'll come across the perfect option! ;-(

Reply to
guv