help needed for wheelcair slope with cement

Hi

i need help with buildind a small 2" tall slope on a tile floor from the bedroom to the toilet

can i lay the cement without damaging the floor tiles as planning to move out.

the mix i using is cement, sand, pea gravel ratio 1:1:1

should i be using 1:2 l parts cement, pea gravel only or 1:2 cement sand

which is the strongest.

have intention to place wires inside to strengthen it

this is my first time with opc, all help is appreciated

thanks

Reply to
yuyuhjkdsuyy

If you are planning to move out, I would have thought making a wooden ramp would be preferable - it doesn't have to be clever so should be quite easy to make. Small volumes of concrete are nearly always a disaster as they dry out too quick and have no strength.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Seconded, a wooden ramp is better by far if moving out.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

A wood ramp would be very much better. If for some reason you use cement, 3:1 sand:cement by volume is the strongest ratio, and making it as dry as you can work with maximises strngth. Mixing in 1% chopped plastic fibres would be necessary to give it a reasonable chance of surviving, and I'd lay it on polythene to avoid it cementing itself to your tiles. ITs wieght should keep it in place. But if poss, use wood.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Forget the gravel, just use sand/cement.

It doesn't matter what the strength is, you won't break it by walking or using a wheelchair over it

not needed.

use timber instead.

Reply to
Phil L