A fan of DIY

My desk fan has kaputted but I can't see why. Anyone know what it might be if it isn't the fuse and no visible wire damage?

I stripped the covers off and found some sort of sealed electronics box. No doubt the last of the 386s Intel made.

Is it possible to go past that and just use one speed setting? I hardly ever use it and doubt I will find a use before next summer.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Switches, connectors, motors.

Reply to
dom

generally yes. Could be various things, excess friction in the motor or oscillator mechanism, bad switch contact, wire come adrift, motor burnt o/c, best to use a multimeter to determine whats going on in each section really.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

So I have three choices: Get a new fan. Get a multimeter and maybe a new fan or Play with the wiring with no clear idea about what is going on.

Any idea WTF the other poster was on about?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

You said "Anyone know what it might be if it isn't the fuse and no visible wire damage?"

He said "Switches, connectors, motors."

;-)

Reply to
manatbandq

If I was unable to read his post don't you think my inability to read would prevent me reading yours too?

Or is there a joke in there I have missed?

Ha ha ha.

Or should that be: hee hee hee?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer