help! LPG gas oven prob

Hi, does anybody out there know what might be the problem with my LPG gas oven??? It ignites, and there is gas supply as the hob and grill work perfectly, but once ignited the flames do not burn to full height ( just low burning) and there is no blockage of burner ports as far as I can see. Appreciate any tips on what might be the problem many thanks Haydn

Reply to
Huj

| Hi, does anybody out there know what might be the problem with my LPG gas | oven??? It ignites, and there is gas supply as the hob and grill work | perfectly, but once ignited the flames do not burn to full height ( just low | burning) and there is no blockage of burner ports as far as I can see. | Appreciate any tips on what might be the problem many thanks

You do not say which gas: propane, butane, you are using and where, :home caravan boat. Butane is notorious for not evaporating in cold weather, if using butane change to propane for cold weather, IMO it is better to use propane in all weathers.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

oops!! forgot to say oven used at home, Leisure classic 90

Reply to
Huj

we just had that on ours - it was the flame failure device, had snapped between the sensor pipe and the gas control unit, causing it to lose all its mercury and therefore not allowing it to release the switch to get the main gas flow. Luckilly we found a good Corgi registered repair man who was able to locate a spare part - which was pretty difficult as our cooker was built in 1985 and they dont do spare parts any more.....The other down side to this was that to wait for a good LPG gas repair man to even come round and check what the problem was (cos it could have been something else) took 5 weeks... Mara

Reply to
Mara

As the hob is working ok your argument is dead in the water. to the OP it sounds as though your flame failure device (FFD) is either not getting heated due to a bit of debris getting in the way of the (small) flame or it has ceased to operate. Try vacuuming out the burner as a first try.

Reply to
John

"universal" FFDs are available if the original part is discontinued

Reply to
John

Thanks Mara

Reply to
Huj

thanks John tried tovacume to no avail:(

Just hope i fine engineer A.S.A.P but at least now thanks to yourself and Mara I know what the problem is!

Reply to
Huj