Help locating materials

Hi guys

I am extending a small garden wall. I have managed to find matching bricks, but the coping stones are finding hard to get. It's a basic twice weathered

600mm x 127mm in buff. Only need 7, anyone got any lying around they don't want? Will gladly pay for them. Have tried several builders merchants around here, and all have said they are very hard to get.

I'm in the Leeds , West Yorkshire area.

Reply to
Slider

Slider coughed up some electrons that declared:

Have you tried a reclaim yard?

Reply to
Tim S

Not yet, just been looking for them in the Leeds area.

Reply to
Slider

Slider coughed up some electrons that declared:

The hint might be, as to whether it's worth bothering - are they a type of coping you see around (ie a local thing). If so, there's a better than zero chance you might get lucky.

Are the stones really stone? Again, if so, they are the sort of thing that might well make it back to a yard. Random concrete jobbies are going to get skipped or turned into hardcore...

Reply to
Tim S

Don't think it's stone, more like cast concrete. Think I am going to remove the existing and replace with something else.

Reply to
Slider

Slider coughed up some electrons that declared:

Can you make some then? Like a plywood former to match the existing.

Cheers,

Tim

Reply to
Tim S