help - loading trouble on video recorder

No need to assume they'll stop at 4GB.

I have a Panasonic recorder that already has a slot for SD cards, but it seems it can only be used for still JPEG pictures. I agree it should only be a matter of software to make it possible to record video on it, because the digits are already there.

Rod.

Reply to
Roderick Stewart

In the name of $DEITY why? It's the dumbed down for merkins version.

I've watched Solaris and Stalker several times in the last year, and it's well worth doing. Kagemusha as well.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No it isn't. Tarkovsky is pretentious, overated crap. Tarkovsky's Solaris is one of the two movies I've ever walked out of, and despite buying the DVD, my brain fell out through the mind-numbing boredom of it all. Jesus, learn to edit. You could hack the first 40 minutes off with no loss whatsoever. And Stalker's just as bad.

OTOH, Kurosawa was a genius and Kagemusha is *wonderful*.

Reply to
Huge

All 3 score well on IMDb (IME the most reliable guide to what's worth watching). Time for some torrents maybe.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

But they have the advantage that they don't feature Clooney. And I still like them, as they are, uncut.

No argument there.

Reply to
Steve Firth

USB sticks? Somebody at work was experimenting with doing that for windows installs.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George