Heat resistant paint for wood stove/water heater

Hi

A friend created a water heater out of oil barrels - a barrel of water on top of a cut down barrel for the wood burning stove. The water barrel needs a coat of paint on the inside to prevent the water turning brown from the rust. (We use it as shower water) It needs to withstand not only the direct heat from the fire, but the affect of the hot water.

I've seen a product for coating exhaust manifolds, but they only appear to be sold in small aerosol cans & I'm not sure of the resistance to water.

If there's no suitable product, is there an alternative, preferably cheap, way to keep the water clear?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Cheers

Dave F.

Reply to
Dave F.

Use a hot water cylinder to separate the stove water from the shower water.

Owain

Reply to
Owain