Heat insulation on kitchen floor

Our kitchen floor has a vinyl ( lino like )sheet covering the wooden floor boards and it can get quite cold to stand on, especially this weather.

Is there a Floor Mat that is suitable for a kitchen floor (ie easily washable) that would also give a bit of heat insulation. Thanks.

Reply to
john east

Put Depron underneath, comes in 3mm & 6mm thickness? It might bond ok to the vinyl, would make quite a difference.

Reply to
js.b1

Put Depron underneath, comes in 3mm & 6mm thickness? It might bond ok to the vinyl, would make quite a difference.

Thanks. We can see that would be an 'ideal' solution.

But at the moment don't want the trouble of pulling up all the vinyl. So some kind of rug/mat/carpet would be a stop-gap measure, that we would prefer.

But don't know which kind would be the most suitable for kitchen use.

Reply to
john east

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

No carpet/rug/mat is suited to kitchen use. The nearest you'll get is bathroom carpet, which can be soaked to clean it. Due to its construction you can make a rug by just cutting it to size, nothing more. Be sure to get a polyproplyene bleachable pile one, and dont expect it to last decades in a kitchen.

NT

Reply to
NT