Kitchen floor unlevel; so bamboo is out; what alternatives?

We were going to use bamboo for our kitchen floors but the slab turns out to be a bit cracked and not level. I think bamboo needs a pretty flat floor...so what are my alternatives?

I could try to level the floor using a flood fill compound and then trying the bamboo, but I've tried that in other places and the compounds ended up adding at last 1/2" to the floor. Maybe I can feather from 0" to whatever, just don't know if it'd hold together?

Cermamic tile, short of a mortar bed, which adds too much thickness, I think also likes a flat floor.

So that leaves lino, vinyl, cork...what else?

Reply to
nano